Introduction to Blockchain Specialization
This course is the first in a series that will introduce the general population to the foundational technical specifications of blockchain and related technologies. We will learn by doing two things: (1) reviewing the state-of-the-art in the field, and (2) covering the special concepts that accompany those specifications. We will start by reviewing the state-of-the-art in the block chain and related technologies. We will then dive deeply into concepts of consensus, consensus protocols, pruning, and relaying, and will finish by covering the special features of the distributed ledger technology that make it so. We will also discuss the advanced topics in distributed databases and distributed log processing. We will wrap up the course with a look at the distributed database and communication technologies that make it special.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Describe the special purpose of blockchain and related technologies
• Understand the technical specifications of a distributed ledger technology
• Describe the special purpose of distributed log processing
• Communicate the special concepts in distributed database systems
This course is free to join and enjoy. It does not require any enrollment.Overview
Introduction to Distributed Block Chain Systems
Distributed Database Systems
Introduction to Cloud Identity
This introductory course is all about getting you up and running with Cloud Identity. You’ll learn about Cloud Identity as a service (C2) and as a service (CDN) from the perspective of a typical developer. We’ll also cover Cloud Identity as a service (C2) in depth and through-the-trees example applications.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
1. Describe the basic needs of a developer
2. Use AWS products to describe and configure the AWS cloud services as needed by a developer
3. Identify CDN services as needed by a developer
4. Use AWS products to describe and configure the CDN services as needed by a developer
5. Use AWS services to describe and configure the C2 services as needed by a developer
6. Use AWS products to describe and configure the PN
7. Use AWS services to describe and network with other AWS users as needed by a developer
8. Use AWS products to describe and configure the PN in AWS
9. Use AWS products to describe and configure the PN in other AWS services as needed by a developer
10. Use AWS to describe and configure the other AWS services as needed by a developer
11. Identify Cloud Identity (C2) services as needed by a developer
12. Use AWS to describe and configure the other AWS services as needed by a developer
This is the second course in the Cloud Identity specialization. The course will focus on the AWS side of the C2 (central cloud services) and how they are used by developers.
Developers need to understand the different AWS services (AWS services) and their usage and configuration details. They also need to understand the characteristics of different AWS products and services (PN) as well as the CDN (central cloud services). They also need to understand how to interact with the AWS cloud services. Finally, they also need to understand AWS operations and how to analyze and visualize the AWS services.
If you are interested in continuing this specialization or adding to it, consider enrolling in the specializations AWS Cloud Identity and AWS Cloud Public Cloud.
To learn more about AWS, please watch the overview video by copying and pasting the following link into your web browser: https://youtu.be/wETK1O9c-CADevelopers – What is AWS?
Introduction to Web Programming
There are two ways to get started with web programming. You can start with the free open-source textbook “Introduction to Programming in PHP” by copying and pasting the following link into your browser: http://tinyurl.com/q4l2p. You can also use an online textbook, such as this one: https://www.coursera.org/learn/labs/web-development-chapter-1
In this course, we’ll work through a simple HTML page. We’ll